With New Years Eve
fast-approaching here, yours truly at Big City Little Kitchen have decided to throw a big ol’ bash. After all, a night out in the city on New Years is pretty terrible. Read: $200 for tickets to an overcrowded club with grumpy bartenders, virtually no cabs available, and a tourist-packed Times Square. No, thank you very much. We think we’ll stay at home.
So what’s better than spending the end of the year/new beginning with your best friends,
strong drinks a little bubbly, and some delicious hors d’oeuvres? Nothing. Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Home-made Pizza with mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and basil. Bacon on only half as we have some veggies in the group.
- Authentic Spanakopita. A variation of the triangular spinach puffs we’ve made before.
- Mrs. Feakins Famous Sausage Rolls.
- Slutty Brownies (recipe courtesy of Rosie, The Londoner) and chocolate chip cookies.
- And of course, we have some cheese plates and other goodies that our lovely guests will contribute.
So, that’s it for 2012! We hope you all had an amazing year and that 2013 is even better. It’s a new beginning, and the possibilities are endless. Remember to drink responsibly, but celebrate well!